ACER VERITON X2640G, Im trying to upgrade my storage here,

k0i_
k0i_ Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 14 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hi folks! Im trying to upgrade my storage here, Im using an ACER VERITON X2640G. I know it's old but it's not for my gaming. Anyhow, as you can see here on this mainboard layout number 10, it is stated there as for m2 wlan connector. So, would it be possible for me to install a storage drive in that port? and what type or model should i go for? Thanks a bunch!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,387 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

No, the WLAN connector uses different signals than a SSD connector. The diagram you show doesn't match what I find for the Veriton X2640G though. Here's what I have for that model:

There is no SSD specific connector, just the three SATAs.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,387 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

No, the WLAN connector uses different signals than a SSD connector. The diagram you show doesn't match what I find for the Veriton X2640G though. Here's what I have for that model:

There is no SSD specific connector, just the three SATAs.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • k0i_
    k0i_ Member Posts: 2 New User

Ahhh I see.. So that port is dedicated to wLan interface only… tsk2x.. was really hoping to install an sdd storage. huhuhu! thanks a bunch! about the diagram, yeah i did notice that i uploaded the wrong model, but was too tired to edit after i posted it after a long 32 hour shift😅.. anyhoo, thanks again!