Need help in Upgrading 256GB NVMe SSD to 1TB in Acer Predator P03-600, blocked by Disc Drive Mount

Signex
Signex Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited September 13 in Predator Desktops

Hello, i bought this system used, it only has a 256gb nvme ssd. I'm looking to upgrade it to 1TB. I looked inside and its being blocked by a mount for the disc drive. How do i get it out?

Also the front USB port doesn't seem to work.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The model we recommend the most often is the Noctua NH-U9S chromax.black for the 3000 series Predators. It fits in the case and if you use M3x10mm screws it doesn't require removing the backplate.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Signex
    edited September 14

Thanks for the detailed reply. Another question, I can't get access behind the motherboard, the panel seems to be bolted shut. Is there no way to added a better cpu cooler? Cause I can't get to the backplate.

• billsey

If you are installing the Noctua cooler it doesn't require removing the backplate, you just use M3x10mm screws instead of the ones supplied. If you are installing a different cooler that does require removing the backplate you have to fully remove the motherboard, then pry the backplate (it's stuck on fairly solidly) off.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Signex

So I need one that uses the backplate currently installed?

• billsey
    Answer ✓

The model we recommend the most often is the Noctua NH-U9S chromax.black for the 3000 series Predators. It fits in the case and if you use M3x10mm screws it doesn't require removing the backplate.