Acer Nitro V15 Build In Microphone Not Working

achir
achir Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 12 in Nitro Gaming

Hello, i am kind of new to Acer products and been using Linux for quite some time and one of the biggest problems I've had on my laptop is with my microphone. i have tried many Linux distributions but none of them seem to fix the problem. and i was wondering whether it was related to hardware compatibility of Acer Nitro products because my microphone it working pretty good on windows. on linux my microphone is detected but no sound it captured.

Answers

• leestanton
    leestanton Member Posts: 2 New User

It seems like the issue may be related to Linux drivers for your Acer Nitro's audio hardware. Since your microphone works fine on Windows, it's likely a compatibility problem with Linux. You can try the following steps:

1. Install or update pulseaudio and alsa-utils.
    2. Run alsamixer in the terminal to check if your microphone is muted or its volume is too low.
    3. Check the sound settings to ensure the correct input device is selected.
    4. Consider installing pavucontrol for more detailed audio settings.
    5. Check if there's an updated Linux kernel that may improve hardware support for your Acer Nitro.

If the issue persists, you may need to look for specific drivers or patches for your laptop model.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

Hi,

Go to Settings, System and click Sound in the left pane, click Troubleshoot in the right pane and see whether it helps.

———————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

Hi achir,

Go to Device manager, expand Audio Inputs and outputs, right click Microphone array, select Properties and move to Driver tab, uninstall the driver, reboot and let windows install the driver.

——————————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.