Acer Chromebook Warranty Support?

GenXDad
GenXDad Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 13 in Chromebooks

Hello,

I purchased a chromebook from AcerRecertified.com in 2022, and I purchased a 3 year warranty extension at the same time. AcerRecertified.com is down for maintenance (indefinitely?), so I contacted AcerRecertified through Ebay. They told me to go to the main Acer site, so here I am. I put in my serial number in the warranty status page here https://service.acer.com/warranty/en/US

And that states that the warranty lasted one day (no warranty), and that one day was 10 days before I ordered it. I have the original email receipt, but the image in the shopping cart next to the cost of the 3 year warranty is a a broken image, so I don't know if it was through a 3rd party, and which 3rd party it was. Can anyone help me?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,374 Trailblazer

Yes, the recertified warranties are handled through them, not through the main Acer site, so the info listed on the main site will be for the original sale and return, not for the recertified. You might be able to get info from Acer through their support, but here we are all just other Acer users, not Acer itself.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GenXDad
    GenXDad Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 12

Hi, thanks for your reply Billsey. I would have called Acer (Main Company/Site) before, but since my serial number was out of warranty according to them, I could not talk to anyone. You have to input your serial number that is in warranty before they will talk, or use their fee based service. I called today, and the recording prompted me for the serial number 5 to 10 times, then eventually I was able to talk to someone, who gave me the phone number for Acer Recertified. It is 844-433-8476. I am speaking with someone at Acer Recertified right now, and they are starting my warranty claim. Hope this helps someone else with the same issue.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,374 Trailblazer

Thanks for that info. Did the support person at AcerRecertified tell you anything about why the website is down?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.