System install problem. issue with being hacked badly and took my machine to a local computer store.

dnimigon
dnimigon Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited September 11 in Predator Desktops

I had an issue with being hacked badly and took my machine to a local computer store. They told me that they could resolve the issue but would have to re-install windows 10. I said fine and I backed up my machine. When i got it back it was a nightmare. Anyways i lost the Predator programs where you can turn off the lighting inside the machine and other things that are just weird that's going on. I talked to the store and they said nothing they can do. Not ever going back there again. Is there a way i can reinstall the files to take this machine back to normal as in when i bought it. I've looked through Acers site but not sure what I should be getting. Hope someone here can help out.

Answers

• Hi @dnimigon please indicate the exact model and operating system.
    Have you checked that the recovery of the computer installed by Acer is still operational?

Windows 11: How to Restore your Computer to Factory Settings - Acer Community

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer

For most Predator desktops, the Acer support site has those specific utilities online for download. Just enter your model number (like PO3-640) and go to the Applications section.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.