My New Chromebook 511 spin restarts "unexpectedly" (R753T-C0WZ)

Jumpinspyder
Jumpinspyder Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 12 in Chromebooks

My very new Acer Chromebook 511 spin is starting unexpectedly. I can't pinpoint a reason and have taken, I think, every step to try and remedy it. I wonder if anyone else with this chromebook has encountered this problem. Details below:

Google Chrome: Version 128.0.6613.133 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Platform: 15964.48.0 (Official Build) stable-channel dedede
Channel: stable-channel
Firmware Version: Google_Magolor.13606.650.0
ARC enabled: true
ARC: 12291959
Enterprise enrolled: false
Developer mode: false

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,374 Trailblazer

So it just shuts off out of the blue, or it restarts instead? There are a lot of those models out there, but I haven't heard of many issues like that. If you are still in warranty then you should likely start a ticket with Acer support.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

Check for updates. Software updates often come with bug fixes, which could be what's making your Chromebook randomly shut off. Your Chromebook may have run out of memory, and can't load the site whilst also running your apps, extensions and programs. To free up memory: Close every tab except for the one that's showing the error message. Quit other apps or programs that are running.

—————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• Jumpinspyder

Yeah, it's random. It happens when typing, it happens when in tablet mode and it happens if I leave it alone for a couple minutes. Yeah, I guess I should start a ticket. Thanks!

• Jumpinspyder

I've done everything including recovering from an image on a thumb drive. I tried an adblocker extension that someone else said resolved a similar situation, but that seems to have stopped working as well. It has to be a hardware issue. Thanks!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,374 Trailblazer

Let us know what you find out from Acer…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.