C24-1650 Horizontal lines across the screen on my all-in one & don't know how to fix, Suggestions?

Swärd
Swärd Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 13 in All-In-One PCs

Hi I have horisontal lines across the screen on my allinone and I don't know how to fix it, Suggestions?

/// Hans-Ivar Swärd

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,374 Trailblazer

There is not a lot that can be done easily. If you are still in warranty go ahead and open a ticket with Acer support. If you are out of warranty then it might be repairable by replacing the eDP cable that runs between the motherboard and the display. We'd have to know just which model you have before we can provide any more concrete suggestions. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

Also Take a look at the cables for any damage or loose connections. It might also be due to incorrect connection. Remove all the cables and reconnect them, especially the video cable connected to the monitor. Now, switch on your system and check if the horizontal lines are gone.

——————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• Swärd
    Swärd Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi I have Acer C24-1650 and there are no loose cables etc because everything is housed inside the unit.

SN DQBFTEQ004121027983000

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,374 Trailblazer

Yes, the eDP cable is inside the case, connecting the display to the motherboard. With the stand removed, including those four screws, you pry the case apart gently:

From there you remove the cover over the motherboard and the cable is toward the top:

To get the cable disconnected at both ends, you have to remove everything… But often just disconnecting and reconnecting it at the MB will clear that type of issue up, since that tends to clean the surface of the contacts.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.