Acer Extensa 15 EX215-54-35PGseries notebook not booting with New Ram but boots fine with Empty slot

FarizAli
FarizAli Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 13 in TravelMate and Extensa

Hello everyone!

Our Acer Extensa 15 series notebooks doesn't boot up when we add ram into ram slot (series of notebooks, not one notebook). But when ram is removed and ram slot is empty then notebook is booting and opens up. We tried even hard reset but not any result. Who can help me?!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,374 Trailblazer

Which Extensa 15 model are you dealing with? I know of at least nine different base models over the years. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like EX215-xxx-xxxx. What type and size of memory are you trying to install?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FarizAli
    FarizAli Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello. It is EX215-54-35PG

It is the laptop whic has 4 gb integrated ram and only one ram slot

We want to add 4 gb ddr4 2666mhz of ram stick

Kingston, hynix or another vendor

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,374 Trailblazer

OK, that should work. Spec calls for either 2666 or 3200 memory (3200 will run at 2666), DDR4 in a SO-DIMM package. 4GB, 8GB and 16GB sticks should all work in that slot. Vendor shouldn't matter, as long as the memory isn't XMP. Here's the spec from the service guide:

Likely your best next step is to try and contact Acer support. We haven't heard of issues with that model, but if you are having the problem with several machines, and the memory is known good, there's something weird going on.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer

You are upgrading these laptops with the wrong specification ram and that is why its not working, as there is no way if you put DDR4-2666MT/s or DDR4-3200MT/s type ram that these latops will not boot or work.

These are the ram modules recommended for your EX215-54 laptop at these specs:

• For EX215-54 laptops with 4GB onboard ram you can add 1x 16GB module for a total of 20GB
    • For EX215-54 laptops with 8GB onboard ram you can add a 1x16 GB module for a total of 24GB

Use the below ram modules only, as these are recommended by Acer for the EX215-54

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• @FarizAli

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too. 

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★