acer aspire 7 laptop freezes randomly for no reason and this happens quiet often.

clutchu74
clutchu74 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 10 in Aspire Laptops

I have acer aspire 7 gtx 1650ti ryzen 5 3550h and 16gb ram ddr4 so ive been having this problem where my laptop freezes randomly for no reason and this happens quiet often when i am playing any game my fps randomly drops to 10-20 fps for 2-3seconds and this often happens while watching youtube and for that minut minute of freeze laptops sound gets distorted too and also sometimes when i bootup laptop while plugged in it crashes on password enter screen and yes i have replaced charger but it didnt help i did battery reset through pin too and yes i have all the latest drivers of each and every stuff up to date also done the DDU method . one thing i noticed is in amd adrenaline software my vega 8 graphics spikes to 100% randomly even when idle. i did research on this and found out that by enabling unified gpu usage and disabling ULPS in MSI afterburner does fix this but it still didnt work for me . also i checked if this is any kind of malware related but no it isnt . so please help me out .

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• samiss
    samiss Member Posts: 2 New User

Sounds like you’ve done a lot already to fix it have you checked for overheating or maybe a faulty GPU could be worth running some diagnostics or stress tests to see if any hardware issues pop up

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

A primary cause of system freezing is overheating. This happens with even greater frequency in laptops if you never clean the insides. Dust and grime eventually build up and cause them to overheat more frequently as the problem continues to grow.
    Also make sure that all your Windows Updates are up to date and the Intel graphics and drivers are all up to date and your laptops secondary gpu the Nvidia graphics are also up to date, install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and do a scan and make sure that you have the Nvidia gpu latest drivers, for gaming and high end software’s, install the Nvidia GeForce Experience software and run your games through this software (if your games are included in the GeForce Games list, as there are many on this list) as this software has the ultimate and best settings for game settings and best fps and temps by Nvidia, also in the Nvidia Control Panel, make sure that you set the Program Settings of all your games and high end software to the High-performance Nvidia processor settings as this also helps for best performance and eliminates freezing. Doing all this will STOP your laptop from freezing and will make your laptop perform to its ultimate and best performance.

—————————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• clutchu74

where do i do this ?? I mean how can i know if its hardware related issue

• clutchu74
    edited September 12

I have deep cleaned all the dust from fans and vents recently its still an issue plus my each driver update windows update is all upto date i even tried roll backing drivers but issue still exists maybe its hardware related issue as samiss mentioned it above