Chromebook R13 CB5-312T How to clear System storage area?. It's using 90% of available space!

manrosca
manrosca Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 9 in Chromebooks

I have an Acer Chromebook R13 CB5-312T with 64GB eMMC

I have performed several powerwash but no difference. Also, reinstalled from Developer Mode turning off OS verification. I have used different google user id but always the same. All my research leads to advise to delete personal data, but that is not the problem as you can see here:

This screen was taken just after the last powerwash. No linux environment enabled.

Any hints or actions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,424 Trailblazer

Yeah, you likely have an app that's saving debug info, which can fill things up fairly fast. Google makes it very tough to access system files. You might find it easier to get to them using Linux in developer mode, since I believe the Files app is locked out from them even when in Dev mode.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • manrosca

Thanks billsey for your comment. I'll have a go at looking at this via Linux, although I think i don't have enough room to install a Linux environment. Hummm…

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

Try this.

Free up storage space
    Delete files you don't need from your Chromebook. Remember that you can move files to Google Drive if you want more space.
    Clear your browsing data and download history.
    Uninstall apps you're not using.
    Remove any extra user accounts from your Chromebook

——————————————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,424 Trailblazer

Heheh, I wonder if that user is a bot or just not reading the full thread? :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • manrosca

no personal data at all. The area is full with system files….