Acer Predator Sense fails after updating Elgato Wave Link

wildlame71
wildlame71 Member Posts: 1 Newbie

Anyone found following update of Elgato Wave Link that Acer Predator Sense & fans stop functioning meaning laptop requires restoring to previous point?

Have tried several times to no avail. Elgato have asked me to ask whether anyone other than myself has experienced this.

Previous updates of Predator Sense also caused this issue although the last but one was sucsessful.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,374 Trailblazer

I haven't seen anything like that from any of the users here, but I don't know how many of them are using Elgato Wave Link. I tried installing it on my PO5-640, but since I don't have any of their hardware I can't tell if it didn't muck with Predator Sense or if it were going to as soon as I could use it. Which Predator system do you have? Which version of Predator Sense do you have installed? Which BIOS is installed? What OS is installed? You might have a BIOS update without the PS update and the Wave Link things just coincided…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.