Acer Swift 3 not charging

Vulminous
Vulminous Member Posts: 3 New User

Recently, I noticed that my laptop wasnt charging due to the regular charging port having a pin that was dislodged. I bought a usbc charger that was made for laptops and it worked great for a couple days until today when it suddenly stopped being able to charge my laptop. Ive also had an issue where my laptop wont recognized that the charger is plugged in until i shut down the laptop. Im not sure what could be causing the issue so any advice is appreciated

Answers

• Vulminous

update: i attempted to reset the battery by holding down the button for around 30 seconds, and upon trying to boot up my laptop the blue light flashes 5 times and it doesnt turn on. The laptop also doesn't seem to recognize that my charger is plugged in because the amber light isnt turning on.

• Vulminous

another update, i tried redoing the battery reset and after when i plugged my laptop back in the amber light showed for like 2 seconds and then turned back off, light wont turn back on. The charger im using isnt faulty and is 65w 20v so i know thats not the issue. I cant turn the laptop on to check the model, there isnt any information on the model on the laptop itself and i don't have any of the original packaging.

ive already put a ticket in to get it repaired by acer but since its out of warranty they want 600 bucks which i cant afford.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,374 Trailblazer

We really need to know which model laptop you have before we can do any diagnosis. "Swift 3" covers hundreds of different machines over the space of many years. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SF3xx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.