What Graphics Card Will Match My PC Specs? It’s an Acer-Nitro N50-640.

12devilish
12devilish Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 8 in Nitro Gaming

Hi everyone,

I’m a PC noob and bought a pre-built from Curry’s PC World. It’s an Acer-Nitro N50-640. I’ve tried to find as much specs as I can to see if anyone can help me but even at that, I don’t know much.

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
  • 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i5–12400F, 2500 Mhz 6 Cores
  • x64-based PC

I’m not sure if I need anything else but what i’m looking for is a new graphics card. The one I have currently does work well and runs my games but just not to a high standard and I’m looking to get into content creation, so I want my quality in video games like GTA, Fortnite, Until Dawn, Mortal Kombat (practically anything because I plan to do variety) to be as good as possible and I’m willing to pay a good amount.

If anyone is able to help or even maybe point me to a website where I can put my PC parts into something and it recommends me graphic cards, it’ll be so appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• 12devilish
    12devilish Member Posts: 3 New User

Another game including into my list is Call of Duty, it’s one of the games that runs the worst on my PC due to the low graphics.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited September 8

The oem GTX1650 4GB is a mini card in length so be aware that you only have a limited space in length to upgrade to a new GPU card, also the oem GTX1650 has a TDP of 75W and your Nitro N50-640 desktop power supply is calculated by Acer to operate proprietary with a 500W PSU, also be aware that the mainboard of your desktop has an 8pin ATX main power plug and auxiliary 6pin plug so and if you want to upgrade the PSU to the more modern modular 24pin ATX 12V PSUs on the market, you need an appropriate and a suitable adapter and you need to use a 24pin to 8pin adapter cable.

The most appropriate and best performing upgrade new GPU is the NVidia RTX4060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 with a TDP of 160W and its suggested PSU of 450W, as this GPU would be ideal for a great upgrade for the N50-640 without any mods and./or PSU upgrades.

If you want to go even higher up spec (but much more expensive) you will need a new upgraded PSU, then upgrade to the NVidia RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16GB GDDR6X GPU with a TDP 285W that needs a minimum PSU of 600W, then you need to upgrade to the new 24pin PSU (with an 8pin to 24pin adapter cable) look at the Corsair range as they make some of the best gaming PSUs in this range to power all your N50-640 desktop and its other peripherals.

Other upgrades which the higher spec N50-640 desktops were fitted by Acer and sold, had these additional and better specs and you can also upgrade these components like the cpu to the i7-12700 or i7-12700F, upgrade to the max ram of 64 GB into the 2x DIMM slots (@ 2 x 32GB DDR4-3200MT/s 288-pin DIMM) it would also be very advantageous to upgrade to a quicker M.2 SSD boot drive like a 1Tb or a 2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 lane drive which is one of the quickest drives on the market and will increase performance of your desktop in combination with all the upgrades listed above considerably.

Remember that an upgrade is only as good as the sum of all balance of all the specifications combined. Good luck and hope this clears some of the upgrading of your Nitro gaming desktop up, as it will make it into a mid to touching on the high-end gaming platform of gaming desktops.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍