Acer AN515-47 has heating issues, it's running 50-55 C on idle and RAM spikes high at idle

f3ros3
f3ros3 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited 12:02PM in Nitro Gaming

My Acer AN515-47 has weird heating issues, it's running 50-55 C on idle and as soon as I plugin AC adapter temps jumps to 75-80 C even when not using any application and is being in idle. I even recently did clean install of OS with everything deleted. All drivers including BIOS is up-to-date. After clean install it ran perfectly fine, after a month or two this issue is coming. Previous I used to get about 4 hrs. battery backup with battery limit set to max 80% charge but now I am barely getting 2 hrs. of backup and not to mention the unnecessary heating of laptop.

I have also attached some screenshots for reference. Any solution would be appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• f3ros3

Yes it is. till Oct 4 2024.

• That's good. Then, you should take advantage of the warranty. After a year of using a gaming laptop or PC, it’s essential to replace the thermal paste and clean the fans and air vents. It is an easy step, and anyone can do it. However, since you are still under warranty, it would be better to send your laptop to the nearest Acer service center for proper thermal repasting, cleaning fans, and air vents, which are causing this issue. As you are under warranty, they should do it for free. Use the link below to contact Acer customer care and create a report on this:

support.acer.com

(If you are super confident in your skills on this, then you can also do it by yourself but you need proper tools for opening laptop, good quality thermal paste like mx-4, MX-5, grizzly kryonaut and some guidance about cleaning fans and air vents which you may get from youtube. I can provide that too )

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • f3ros3
    edited September 14

Thank you so much for your quick response but I am having a whole different issue now.

Can we please discuss this on Whatsapp?

Please ping me on whatsapp at wa.me/XXXXXXXXXX

Whatsapp number : XXXXXXXXXX

If you don't have whatsapp or something like that please ping me on instagram @f3ros3 please.

Waiting for your reply. xD

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive content]

• No, I won't use any other application. You should tell your new problem here

• f3ros3

Hello.

Sure, I will be sharing my new issue here. My laptop has 16x1GB 4800Mhz stick, previously the RAM usage would be around 22-26% on idle/after startup. Now I don't know why but laptop is using 44-50% RAM without even opening a single application in the foreground nor anything is running as such in the background. This is very frustrating coz with this behavior if I open Chrome and any other small application such as VSC code or any lightweight editing app, the RAM usage is spiking to 95% when having a 16 gigs stick. I don't think this is normal. I don't know what tf is using 4 gigs of RAM. Coz of this battery is draining fast and temps sometimes spikes to 65-70 C on just idle. I've thermal paste replaced and when he did the temps were under control like 38-42 C on idle, so this might not be the issue now which is resolved, the thing haunts me is this RAM's usage.

I am relying on YOU mate, please help me with a solution. I will be adding all necessary screenshots here for your reference. Please check these and reply me ASAP. 🙁

Thanks in advance.

Detailed specs of my laptop : https://www.acer.com/in-en/support/product-support/AN515-47/NH.QL3SI.004/details

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,503 Pathfinder
    edited 2:58AM

To address your laptop's high RAM usage, consider the following steps:

1. Disable Windows Tips and Tricks: This feature can consume unnecessary RAM. Go to Settings > System > Notifications & actions and turn off/Disable "Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows" and restart your laptop.
    2. Perform a Clean Boot: This helps identify if background applications are causing high RAM usage. Search for "msconfig," go to the Services tab, check "Hide all Microsoft services," and click on disable all. After this apply and press okay.
    3. Follow my below optimization guide which will help your laptop to debloat and cleaning while improving performance-

• f3ros3
    edited 4:17AM

I have tried every possible solution you have provided, also from the optimization guide but it's still the same.

Before ~2 months I installed Filmora from Getintopc website and then also it was like this, high RAM usage I had to reinstall windows by removing everything.

I had reinstalled Win 11 one week back post the replacement of thermal paste by Acer technician, now I installed filmora 2024 and after installing I even scanner for malicious files but found nothing. I am suspecting this high RAM usage after installing this filmora 2024 like I did before, will this program causing this error? I have uninstalled it as you can see from the above screenshot, I have also removed every trace of it from my laptop but RAM is still the same.

Reinstalling windows by selecting "Remove everything" is the only option I left here? It is very time taking long process tho. If I get any workaround for this it would be great.

I found a processor named "Windows command processor" which used approx 3-4 gigs of RAM, I ended it, at that time RAM usage was less like 28% with chrome opened, as soon as restarted laptop RMA usage stuck at 42% + (This info might help)

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,503 Pathfinder

If you've uninstalled Filmora and still experience high RAM usage, it may be due to residual files or processes. Here are some steps to troubleshoot:

1. Check for Residual Files: Use a program like CCleaner to remove leftover files and registry entries associated with Filmora.
    2. Investigate Startup Programs: Disable unnecessary startup programs via Task Manager to reduce RAM usage on boot.
    3. Windows Command Processor: If "Windows Command Processor" is consuming significant RAM, it may indicate a stuck process or script. Investigate any scheduled tasks or scripts that might be running.
    4. System Restore: Consider performing a system restore to a point before installing Filmora if available.
    5. Windows Reinstallation: If all else fails, a complete reinstallation of Windows may be necessary to resolve persistent issues.

These steps should help identify the cause of the high RAM usage without needing to reinstall Windows entirely.

• f3ros3

Appreciate it mate!
    Is it safe to use CCleaner? Also is it effective for these kinda scenarios? coz I've never used it.

Also I have just reinstalled Windows 11 completely by removing everything from the laptop.
    It worked fine until now, as soon as restart after installing nitrosense and care center and some other basic required softwares from Acer website under my product.

Now again the RAM usage is +44% just now I saw 60% usage RAM after booting, to my surprise not a single application is running neither in foreground nor in background.

I am really confused with this rn, I have experience in troubleshooting windows since 8+ yrs but this thing is haunting me and I can't find the solution to it.

I have shared a screenshot where the "WINDOWS COMMAND PROCESSOR" is using more than 2 gigs of RAM without any apps opened. (Took this snap right after reboot)

Do you know why this thing is happening? Any specific reason? Will I be getting to it's root cause or I just left to install another 16 gigs stick alongside!!! 🥲☹️

I don't know if you can do it or not but if you can assist me by taking control of my laptop remotely it'd be much easier. (If you can't then we can find solution here like this)

• f3ros3

What I found is, as soon as I end the program of "Windows Command Processor" the RMA usage is dropping from 45% to 25% and without knowing this I reinstalled whole windows thrice. SMH.

But my real question is why that program of windows command processor is behaving it in that way?

The issues seems to be resolved, the CCleaner is of no use as expected but thanks for sharing it.

Now it is confirmed that high RAM usage is not causing due to Filmora or other programs, I can happily install them.

Please lemme know if you have any idea on why this Windows command processor using more than 2.5 gigs of RAM but display in task manager as it is using not greater than 50 MB.

Shared a small video of that process in task manager for better idea.

Thanks.