Question about CPU cooler upgrade Acer predator 3000 RTX 4070, how to keep cpu cool while gaming?

Intelvidia
Intelvidia Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited September 7 in Predator Desktops

Hey, has anyone upgraded their CPU fan cooler on this model? I searched this forum and saw some have done it on an older model pc case of the predator 3000.

was it necessary to upgrade to keep cpu cool while gaming?

Did you have to remove cpu,reapply thermal paste, or remove the motherboard from The case?

is there room in the SSD slot for a ssd heatsink? Even with a upgraded fan?

I plan on upgrading to 32gb DDR5 ram 6400 mt/s and upgrading SSD as well as overclocking CPU.

people seem to love these cpu coolers. I havnt gotten my PC yet so I can't really see the details and dimensions yet.

this is the cooler people recommend

https://a.co/d/izSLbZE

Answers

• Intelvidia

Tinkerer

edited September 5

also, did it interfere with where the ram is located at all? Thanks in advance

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,356 Trailblazer

That is the one that most people here have used with great success on the Predator Orion 3000 systems. They use the slightly larger version on the PO5 and PO7 systems. No need to repaste or remove the stock brackets, just use M3x10mm screws instead of the ones supplied. Typically people see around a 15C difference in temperature at almost all loads. You should be able to add a heatsink to the SSD, but it's normally not needed. Where the SSD is located and where the memory is located is dependent on your actual model, they have been making Orion 3000 machines for many years now. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like PO3-xxx-xxxx. Typically installing the one memory stick is tight, but doable even with the cooler installed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Intelvidia

Tinkerer

added the fan. Thanks for suggestion on getting 10mm Screws

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,356 Trailblazer

Looking good! :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.