Foreign body on back of lens? How can I get rid of it please?

JLBA
JLBA Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 7 in Projectors

on start up - and visible all the time - a faint image is projected on screen that looks like it could be a small foreign body on the back of the lens. How can I get rid of it please?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer

What is your Acer product type laptop/desktop/Projector etc etc as your post is very hard to answer 😁 if you don't include a caption and/or tell us exactly where the "Foreign body on back of lens?" IS??? Is it in the camera or the LED screen or where? Get back to us with the proper information.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• JLBA
    JLBA Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 7

Thanks Steven - that’s a fair point!! It’s an Acer projector

The lens is clean so the troublesome image comes, I suspect, from something like a piece of fluff that has landed between the gismo that converts a digital signal to an optical image and the backnofvthdvlens. That’s a guess, me knowing much about these things!😖.

So, to refine the question, is that a likely cause Bn and, if it is, can I get into the projector to inspect and maybe blow the offending object off with compressed air? Or does this need a professional hand to resolve?