Predator helios neo 16 laptop games keeps crashing, even after changed settings & updating drivers

Sherwin10
Sherwin10 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 5 in Predator Laptops

Hello everyone, I have an issue that I need help resolving. Last year I bought a predator Helios neo16 worked fine everything was great till last month every game that I opened to play would crash. I tried updating drivers, reinstalling windows, downgrading to windows 10 nothing worked. I started playing around in the predator sense app to check temps and they were normal. Switched the system modes from balanced to quiet mode ran a game and it didn't crash placed it back in balanced mode games crashes, performance mode it crashes, even turbo mode it crashes. Has anyone else ran into this issue and found a fix that they could share?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,725 Trailblazer

Hi, I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country while it is still under warranty.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer

That is very unusual for such a new high end laptop, but with these high end gaming laptops you need to update their drivers and bios and firmware if you have the WD M.2 boot drive and do all the windows updates and optional driver firmware’s from windows update (if its got any) and play games through the NVidia GeForce Experience software settings and also update your NVidia gpu drivers through GeForce Experience software, as the laptop should work perfectly if all that is done.

Be aware that this laptop is not designed to operate on Win-10 so its no wonder that it didn’t operate better. But if you have done all the required bios, firmware and driver update then this high end Acer gaming laptop should operate in gaming perfectly and efficiently, if it doesn’t and your PHN16-XX is not doing so, then I suggest that you book and send/take your laptop to Acer Tech Support asap in your country before the warranty runs out, as replacing parts on these laptops are expensive especially if you need a mainboard replaced, it costs up to USD 3,590.00 plus labor, so be aware of all this. Good luck and hope this helps you out further.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• wza1337
    wza1337 Member Posts: 4 New User

I dont think its unusual. I have the exact same problem with mine. Got it 1 week ago and it keeps freezing and crashing. I ve done a few researches online and threads like that keep popping up everyday.

• wza1337
    wza1337 Member Posts: 4 New User

So, i returned it. Got myself another laptop with the same specs (more or less) from a different manufacturer. Stress tested it - works like a charm. I am happy now. I kinda feel sorry for ACER, since i was a very loyal customer over the past years.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

Run System File Checker (SFC)

1. Press Windows key, type "cmd".
    2. Right-click in Command Prompt and select "Run as Administrator". Click "Yes".
    3. Type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press Enter.
    4. Type again sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    5. Wait for the end and restart your computer.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

Reinstall Graphics Driver

1. Press Windows + R keys to open Run.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    3. Expand the Display adapters.
    4. Right-click on the target graphics card and select Uninstall device.
    5. Restart your computer and let Windows install the driver automatically.

Scan your HD

1. Press Windows key, type "cmd".
    2. Right-click in Command Prompt and select "Run as Administrator". Click "Yes".
    3. In cmd, type chkdsk and press Enter.
    4. Wait for the end and restart your computer.

Check you memory RAM

1. Press Windows key and type "Windows Memory Diagnostic" and press Enter.
    2. Click to "Restart now and check for problems (recommended).
    3. During the process, check for any errors.
    ———————————————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.