ACER ASPIRE 3910 -U4012 FREEZES WHEN PLAYING VIDEO IN FIREFOX BROWSER ON WINDOWS 10. HOW TO FIX?

maxgarcia
maxgarcia Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

MY ASPIRE 3910 DESKTOP FREEZES WHEN PLAYING VIDEO IN FIREFOX BROWSER ON WINDOWS 10
ANY IDEAS WHY AND HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,398 Pathfinder

The Acer Aspire M3910-U4012 features an Intel Core i5-750 processor, 4 GB of DDR3 RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce GT 320 graphics card. While these specifications can handle basic video playback, they may struggle with high-definition content or multiple browser tabs, especially in Firefox, which can be resource-intensive.

To improve performance, ensure that your graphics drivers are updated, disable hardware acceleration in Firefox, and close unnecessary background applications. If problems persist, consider checking the system's RAM and CPU usage during video playback to identify any bottlenecks.

I recommend uninstalling firefix and use Microsoft Edge it consume less resource.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • maxgarcia

Hi

thanks for the feedback and recommendation.

I disabled hardware acceleration in Firefox and the issue persisted.

I uninstalled Firefox and used MS Edge and still have the problem

When I click on update for the Graphics driver (Intel® HD Graphics), it says "THE BEST DRIVERS FOR THE DEVICE IS ALREADY INSTALLED"

any other suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,559 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited August 31

Look at YOUR task manager to see if you have un-wanted process active.

• Larryodie

Also look at your resources like RAM, Hard Drive and internet usage.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,343 Trailblazer
    edited September 1

Very likely you are running out of memory when playing the videos, which causes the system to swap to disk. Without a SSD swapping to disk is a really slow process.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,370 Trailblazer
    edited September 1

Your Aspire M3910 desktop is a 2015 model computer and needs its full oem Acer specs components to keep up with today's browsers and graphics technologies, hence and why your PC and browser is locking up and freezing.

I would suggest that you upgrade this desktops to its max ram total capacity of 16GB at 4x 4GB DDR-1333MT/s into its 4 DIMM slots, then upgrade to the 2.5" SATA 3 SSD boot drive like the Samsung 870 EVO SSD (the M3910 has a SATA 2 interface but fitting a SATA 3 drive is backward compatible and will work and make the boot drive quicker) which an SSD will improve performance considerably and stop the freezing of your old desktop, also and if you want to go all out, upgrade this desktops to its top Acer noted spec cpu the Core i7 870 LGA 2.93G 8M and even upgrade the gpu to either an NVidia GTX1050 2GB GDDR5 or even up to an NVidia GTX1630 4GB GDDR6 gpu which all these upgrades will increase your desktops performance considerably at a minimal cost if you want to keep this desktop, as then you will be able to run Win-10 latest version and todays browsers without any freezing and/or lockups. The above choices are the max upgrades that you can do to your Aspire M3010 desktop so its up to you if you want to do these upgrades or you can do parts of these upgrades. Good luck and hope this helps you out further.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 500

Hardware Acceleration: If hardware acceleration is enabled, it can sometimes cause issues with video playback. Try disabling hardware acceleration in the settings of your video player or web browser and see if that improves the situation. There are a few possible reasons for downloaded videos to keep freezing, for instance:- driver issues, hardware issues (RAM, graphics card, hard disk), display resolutions, codes, and corrupted files. If Firefox is open, you can restart in Firefox Troubleshoot Mode from the Help menu: Click the menu button. , click Help, select Troubleshoot Mode and click Restart in the "Restart Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode?" dialog that opens.

• Larryodie

I tend to disagree with "updating" a 10 year old computer.. BUY a new computer with the required specs.

Has anyone added up as how much cost is involved in upgrading RAM, CPU, GPU, an video cards ??

• maxgarcia

Hi

thank you all for the very good feedback, much appreciated.

I plan to start with upgrading my desktop to its max ram total capacity of 16GB.

Any ideas where I can find the part and what the parts are that I need to order to perform this upgrade?

thanks