I’m facing dual boot issues with my Acer Aspire 3 laptop.

sajathnissar
sajathnissar Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited August 28 in Aspire Laptops

I’m facing some issues with my Acer Aspire 3 laptop. I attempted to install Windows 10, but the installation process got stuck and didn’t complete. Following that, I decided to try dual-booting the laptop with Linux. However, during the Linux installation, the partition I had previously assigned for Linux wasn’t showing up.

I’ve checked the BIOS settings, and Secure Boot is disabled. Has anyone else encountered this issue, or does anyone have suggestions on how to resolve it?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• sebcl1986
    sebcl1986 Member Posts: 10 New User

Most of time when window installation is stuck theres 2 possibility that come to my mind

1- dieing hdd or ssd

2- corrupted installation on your usb drive or the usb drive was faulty

i recommend create a media installation tool from an other pc and during windows installation delete the partition and format the drive to have a clean install

or change the drive directly but ... if its a ssd you buy dont forget to initiate hes status to online with disk manager using an external ssd case before installing it else you will get the famous no bootable drive detected hahaha have a good day and keep me in touch with your resolution :).

• HannanSafdar
    HannanSafdar Member Posts: 1 New User

I also faced the same issues with my Acer Aspire 3 laptop. It sounds like there might be an issue with how the partitions were set up or recognized. First, try using a tool like GParted from a live USB to check and manage your partitions. Make sure the Linux partition is correctly formatted and visible. If that doesn’t work, you might need to repair the Windows bootloader first and then retry the Linux installation. If the issue persists, a clean reinstall of both OSes might be the best solution.