PSU stopped working in Acer TC 885 desktop

AmandaG
AmandaG Member Posts: 3 New User

TC 885 PSU stopped working w/o notice. Finding a replacement is difficult bc all the current PSU's have an on/off switch, but the this psu doesn;t and there's no room for such on the case. Any ideas where to find a replacement? Current PSU is Liteon 300W.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,361 Trailblazer
    edited August 27

You can replace the TC-885 24pin plug PSU with a modern modular PSU on the market today, make sure you measure the oem Acer fitted PSU that you have and match with a new and the same or similar size modular PSU so that it bolts into the TC-885 case,

If you want full info on upgrading your PSU and your Aspire TC-885 desktop, see my post for an upgrade of the Aspire TC-885 desktop here: can the aspire tc-885 be upgraded to run balders gate3. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If you want the Aspire TC-885 oem PSUs that Acer fitted here is the list and Acer part numbers on the right:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• AmandaG

This is the only 500W PSU I could find available, will it work?

I don't have time to constantly search. The other 500W PSU mentioned above are not available, and sending to Canada seems to be problematic for US sellers.

https://www.amazon.ca/Acer-Supply-PS-6451-5-FSP450-60EP-9PA4502301/dp/B0084NPXH0/ref=sr_1_5?crid=EVH3G66AZ2S6&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.KYk8jyRjtfZyfNHOV-3T9RSBbdbWEKzDiG0FQobUG_WuBPOHdBcTBWgZSCTDVq1Lsc3XfjQWwYjuV_8KMfk6g0dagS7XXpY3GJzUVHOnoW3prlGSSoQXWAai8LyXtR_qJuSqk7LabyNEQvpjNXXrDNuV02e7wI2OUQDz9-_MeE_Dmx_K5jSc2I53bUhdueYDLlxbS-6JLV8olOkXG--GcAkL9W1Y8c2jSQQAOg6YpxVY4Nr4kj_Z7KUNU7nYQKtTMEWENNsyFjzGMW2TdXE1PtzWNht_NsL7XoQ42FMCMco.kUT4mjQgLwXK2wiszcf9HXlQpgzC2XAOi3OGqhtVZMU&dib_tag=se&keywords=acer+power+supply+500w&qid=1724764481&sprefix=acer+power+supply+500w%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-5

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,325 Trailblazer

They don't show the actual connectors well enough to tell what PSU that really is. It looks to me like it might be one of the ATX12VO supplies, which don't have a 24 pin connector. Your system uses a normal ATX (without the 12VO) power supply, so you don't need the Acer specific one. Do a search on "500W ATX power supply" and you will have lots of them to choose from.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AmandaG

Thank you for your reply. The problem with Acer Aspire pc;s is that the case is designed without on/off switch on the psu. If it wasn't for this problem, I would have gone to a local computer store and bought a normal ATX PSU.

Why ACER would do such a stupid thing is beyond my knowledge.