Battery not charging after playing a Game

sc0rpion
sc0rpion Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 24 in Nitro Gaming

After a long time, I started playing a game yesterday 'Deliver us Mars'. As soon as I started it, the laptop turned off. After keeping it on charge and playing again, the battery did not charge. Even when I kept it idle for sometime on charge, it showed 0% and did not charge. So if i want to use it then I need to keep it on charge or else the laptop wont turn on.Attaching the battery report. Tell me how can i fix it.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,143 Pathfinder

@sc0rpion

Try windows x
    go to device manager
    expand Battery 
    Right click on Battery - uninstall all the items below battery
    restart the computer.  

Please check whether it is working fine

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,054 Pathfinder

@sc0rpion

While the laptop is off and the charger is unplugged, hold the power button for 15 seconds to reset the power.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • sc0rpion

@William_mk2 @AnhEZ28

Both the solutions are not working

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,054 Pathfinder

@sc0rpion

What is the full model number of the laptop and how long have you bought it?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • sc0rpion

@AnhEZ28

System Model Nitro AN515-58

I've used it for 1 year and 2 months now. But just a day before it was working perfectly. But as soon as i started the game, it shut down and stopped working if not kept on charge

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 475

It is likely that the report is correct and the charger can no longer supply enough power to the battery to charge it and power the laptop, due to the battery needing replaced.
    Sometimes, this issue is caused by the fact that certain games pushes CPU/GPU to use more power than the charger could supply.

The solution was to cap processor’s power consumption in Windows as followed:

Windows Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Change Advanced power settings > Processor power management > Maximum processor state > Reduce this from 100% to a lower value (for example 80%).
    Keep lowering this value until the problem is resolved.

—————————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.