How to paste OEM folder to C drive without overwriting existing Acerlogs folder in Acer aspire 7 A7?

Nikhils1
Nikhils1 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited August 31 in Aspire Laptops

I recently reset my laptop and copy the oem folder to other drive now after reset i want to paste my oem folder back to c drive but i can see there is also one oem folder which comes after i installed the drivers in that oem there is Acerlogs name folder but i want to place my old oem folder in it , how can i do that?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,622 Trailblazer
    edited August 23

I would forget about these Acer OEM folders if you already ran Windows RESET the Acer Restore partition won't be there anymore. If you are really keen on all the Acer bloatware and wallpaper, bring the laptop to Acer Services and they can restore the system to factory default for a small service fee. You should not install any drivers; Windows10-11 will install the correct drivers for your system.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,324 Trailblazer

What computer do you have? What is listed in the OEM folder on the C: drive now? How is that different that what you have in a backup folder? The Acer restore thing uses a recovery partition, and the contents of that partition are what can get changed when you do a Windows reset, or OS version upgrade.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nikhils1

Tinkerer

I have acer aspire 7 A715-76G I only have acer logs in my new oem folder , and old oem have different folder , when i reset i reset it using windows reset and yes my recovery partition is still there, i didnt change it.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,324 Trailblazer

The data in the recovery partition was overwritten by the Windows reset, so the original Acer build image is not longer in that place. It's not a big deal, unless you at some point need to reinstall the apps that Acer preloaded from third parties. Those are typically not on the Acer support site, since they have specific licensing. If the OEM folder you have backed up has stuff that's not in the current OEM folder you can likely just restore that backup to get back to what was there before. New logs should not be overwritten by old logs, since they are typically dated as part of the filename.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nikhils1

Tinkerer

Does it can be reinstall at acer service centre even after warranty , or if i need to reinstall windows can the original acer image come with the purchase reinstalled at service centre, is it possible?