Predator X45 / Completely black screen / boots then turns off

Bysonuk
Bysonuk Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 31 in Predator Monitors

So I've been in absolute love with my x45 45" monitor for the past 5 weeks, however today i left it for no more than 15 mins and came back to the monitor off, which i found strange so as you would i tried to turn it back on via the button central button….. Nothing.

I've noticed that the blue LED when i start the monitor starts with a very quick Blue solid light, then quick flips to straight rapid "strobe" amber - and then returns to being turned off. i get the "X45 screen pop up (black and white one) for maybe 2 seconds?)

I have not had this issue in any way shape of form as of yet, i have tried different machines + unplugging all cables + only power cable etc etc and i can not get it to give me just the menu via the middle buttons.

I hadn't told it to do a image rentention reset or anything but reading a manual online i see that a Blue and Amber flashing (not sure if constant) is a image retention thing. (but having left it for a few hours now, i can not get it past this part..

Anyhelp?!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,268 Trailblazer

You should definitely open a ticket with Acer support. That is not usual behavior at all.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Woothz
    Woothz Member Posts: 4 New User

The same thing have happened to me twice now, the first time was about 10 month ago.
    Acer did repaired the monitor under warranty, now the same thing have happened again, still under warranty :)

• Bysonuk
    Bysonuk Member Posts: 2 New User

how long did it take to repair and if you don’t mind me asking where in the world are you? It’s super unhelpful that they aren’t providing updates which is great for a fully remote worker! 🥹