Acer EI491CR Ultra-Wide monitor, Power issues

Zertenas
Zertenas Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 30 in Monitors

I went away for a couple of days, and when I came back home and started up my computer, I noticed the screen was completely black. There wasn't even a red indicator light or backlight, but the LED halo on the back, normally purple, was now flickering an off-white color. The computer had been turned off since I left.

I've tried changing the power cord, using different outlets without an extension cord, and connecting and disconnecting the monitor cable (using different cables as well). I've searched the internet for similar problems but haven't found any information on what to do.

So here's my question: What should I do next? I've only had the monitor for about two years and, frankly, haven't used it that often compared to other monitors in the past.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer

First next step is to see if the power supply is doing what it should. Do you have access to a VOM to test voltage?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 91v
    91v Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the exact same issue with my Acer EI491CR, I've tried switching cables etc, all the obvious things but nothing has worked.