Why did "Acer Purified Voice Console (R)" invade me?

santicsls
santicsls Member Posts: 1 New User

Before I begin, I'm not sure if this post belongs in this forum, but I need to express something I don't understand. Is it the user's (my) fault, or is the problem being caused by another process?

Yes, I say this because since January, when I started using my HyperX headphones with my Acer Nitro 5, the sound was terrible. It removed the "background noise" from the ENTIRE SYSTEM. At that moment, I thought something had gone wrong with the hardware, but when I switched back to the system speakers, everything returned to normal. Why am I making this post?

Today, I received a notification from "Acer Purified Voice Console (R)" suggesting that I try it out. Naturally, it caught my attention since I usually on

ly receive notifications from applications I install. Upon opening it and disabling all the related options, my HyperX headphones started working normally again.

So... Why did "Acer Purified Voice Console (R)" invade me? Do I use my equipment so little that I didn't know this option existed? Why is it enabled by default?

Version: 2.0.4.0