Aspire TC-885-EB11 crashes with NVMe, the computer will randomly fully freeze (no BSOD)

13»

Answers

• benjydog83
    benjydog83 Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter

computer is 100% without nvme installed. No temp issues under load. Case is clean. Fans all clean.

I believe you’re right. $$$

• benjydog83

unfortunately the machine is crashing. Actually seems to crash faster now.

Here’s what I’ve done

-added another 1 mm to the home made rubber (total is 7mm to match factory unit)

-added washer to m.2 screw

-ran the intel updater and updated chipset, wifi and Bluetooth drivers

-tried to install nvme firmware via iso. Wouldn’t allow as already latest installed

I’m all out of ideas. It must be the port that’s failing. Simply having the drive installed as an extra drive is causing full system freezing with no bsod

thank you all for the suggestions and comments. I think I’m considering this a lost cause now. Hope getting an nvme to usb drive will at least let me use this as extra storage. Will look to swap out my ssd with something larger.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,374 Trailblazer

If you are just putting a rubber double sticky pad on the SSD without putting a heat sink, it will perform hotter than without a pad at all. The pads are a special type of material that helps transfer the heat from the SSD to the heatsink and will not help without the heatsink installed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • benjydog83

single sided nvme, rubber pad on bottom as would have been from factory. Results replicated with and without it. Most likely port problem as everything else ruled out. Temps all cool at crash time.

• Have you tried updating the bios to the latest version available?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • benjydog83

as far as I am able to tell ithe latest available from acer is already applied.