I just got a p07-640 Orion 7000 and my house fuse blown when connecting power cable

salcideon
salcideon Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 23 in Predator Desktops

Hey, I just got a p07-640 orion 7000 (the old one with rtx 3090) and my house fuse blown when I connected the power cable to the PSU. I then tested with the cable from an older PC and that one did not have any problem and the PC is now working. Questions:

1. are the power cables known to be of bad quality? How could I safely test this cable?
  2. Is there a chance the PSU is the issue and just acts randomly? I.e. is it possible to crash once but then work? are the PSU known to have issues for this series?
  3. The computer is new, but it was manufactured in 2022. Is it possible that some electrical components (looking again at PSU) degraded from being unused?

[Edited the topic title to include the topic issue.]

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,088 Trailblazer

Hello! I think you must be referring to your home's circuit breaker, which opens the circuit when there is a current surge! This happens when there are several devices connected at the same time. Can you send a photo of the power cord? Do you have a multimeter?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,255 Trailblazer

I have never seen a bad power cable, but there certainly could be one. If you have a meter you could check connectivity in the cable, my guess is one of the power wires is shorted to ground.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.