I solved overheating problem on Acer Predator Orion 3000 po3-650

Laurlaur94
Laurlaur94 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, I solved the overheating problem on the Acer Predator Orion 3000 po3 - 650 (I7 13700f, 16gb ddr5, Nvidia RTX 3070 8gb). I tested the components in Intel benchmark and Furmark started at the same time and the results are as follows: Processor 68 degrees Celsius Video card 63 degrees Celsius. Ambient temperature in the bedroom 23-24 degrees Celsius. I started by replacing the processor cooler with the Id Cooling se 207 xt slim with the original fan in the center and above the ram memories I added a Corsair sp 120 elite fan on the radiator. On the airflow side, I removed the cage dedicated to hard drives because in 2024 no one will use such a thing anymore, I also populated the second m2 slot with another 500gb ssd. Since the po3-650 has some powerful case fans on the front, I left the fan mounted on the outside of the chassis and on the inside, in the lower part, I added a 92mm Nocta to redirect more air flow to the video card. In the upper part of the case, I also added a 92 noctua to draw air into the case (normally at the top it is placed to evacuate the air) but after the tests, it is ok to draw air on this case.