Aspire A315-42 laptop only starts with Ctrl key pressed

Jerry51
Jerry51 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited July 15 in Aspire Laptops

Good morning to everybody. My laptop in these last days has a big problem. It powers up only pushing down the CTRL key : if I leave this key the laptop powers down immediately. So to work with my laptop I must maintain pushed the CTRL key. With CTRL pushed if I push the power on key I have a message from ACER POWER BUTTON that asks what I want to do with my pc. I do not chose anything and close the window : after closing all seems normally working but I must maintain CTRL key pushed. How is it possible to restart the normal way to power up ? Someone could hel pme ? Thanks in advance. Jerry51

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,856 Trailblazer

Hi @Jerry51 while waiting for the answers, the best thing in these cases is to have it checked by a technical service. Is the equipment under warranty?
    If it is, contact Acer, otherwise, visit a trusted technical service.
    Does the same thing happen to you when you have it on battery as when you connect it to the power supply?

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Jerry51

Thank you. Yes the problem is the same with AC power or battery power : no difference. How is it possible that a CTRL key works as a Power on one ? That's the intriguing problem. Jerry51

• Alejandro_AC

Yes it is, I imagine it has an electronic derivation, but I don't know how it can happen.

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
  • Jerry51

I think that my problem is due to the keyboard because all works correctly with my apps and Internet navigation : indeed all is Ok till I maintain down the CTRL key. Now the same thing happen with F1 key : I will try to disinstall and reinstall the keyboard in order to understand better my situation. Jerry51.

• Alejandro_AC

Ok, let me know how it goes.
    Regards.

• Jerry51

Hello and have a good day. My news are very bad : I disinstalled and reinstalled the keyboard but nothing happens and the problem is the same. My Acer laptop goes on only if I press and maintain pressed the CTRL key or the F1 key. If I leave these keys the laptop goes off in a few seconds. All the possible checks that I do failed. Do you think that it is better to send my laptop to the assistance for repair ? Thanks in advance. Jerry51

• Alejandro_AC

I think so, in this case it is best to have the equipment checked by a technical service.

Regards.