Laptop extremely slow, does not sleep when closed, BIOS screen unresponsive on Predator PT314-51s

Mogo
Mogo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 11 in Predator Laptops

A week ago I found that my computer had suddenly become extremely slow. Both Windows processes and the browser take a very long time to load. For example, the BIOS start time hovers around 40 seconds.
For context, I am running windows 10 on an Acer Predator PT314-51s. (SNID: ***********)
I have tried the following things:
-Deleting bloatware
-Disabling startup tasks
-Updating windows
-Acer care diagnostics
-Windows settings diagnostics
-Defragging the hard disk
-Performing a clean boot
-Booting into safe mode (no networking)
-Contacting Acer support
-Updating drivers
-Updating BIOS and firmware
-sfc/scannow
-DISM scan
-Windows memory diagnostic
-Windows disc check (CHKDSK)
-Reinstalling windows from a thumb drive, and preventing syncing by not connecting to the internet during reinstallation

None of these were able to find or fix the problem.

Attached are my windows bootlog, and windows errors logged on Event Viewer.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

[Edited to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,279 Trailblazer
    edited July 11

Your Predator Triton PT314-51 laptop is a laptop that was released in 2021 and its a 14” laptop that is the lower spec of the Predator Triton range, the PT314-51 top of the range model has the i7-11375H cpu and comes with a total of 24GB with 8GB on board ram that can have a max 1x 16GB DDR4-3200Mhz removable module or the lower spec models that has the i5-11300H cpu has a total of 20GB ram with 4GB on board ram that can have a max 1x 16GB DDR4-3200Mhz removable module. One of the reason for the slowness of your laptop (as you have done and have all the appropriate software done to this laptop) could be that the on board ram is faulty and could be one of the reasons why your laptop could be slow, or you have a faulty removable ram that could be faulty also that can contribute to this fault, so have all the meory checked out

The other culprit could be the M.2 boot drive, as this laptops storage subsystem specs are as follows:

• Storage 1: M.2: SSD 2280 (PCIE GEN3 / SATA SSD) (Follow Acer)
    • Storage 2: N

Which your laptop could be fitted with a SATA M.2 SSD boot drive, instead of the much quicker PCIe3x4 M.2 SSD, so do a test on the M.2 SSD boot drive with CrystalDiskMark M.2 benchmarking software and see if the M.2 SSD drive has a PCIe3x4 speed for an average drive which is around 3200MB/s read and 3000MB/s write speeds as the SATA M.2 SSD is a much slower read speed of 525MB/s and a write speed of 455MB/s in comparison to the PCIe3x4 M.2 drives. Check all these hardware factors out as that is where in my opinion your laptops slowness comes from. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Make sure that your memory is to the below arrangement and specs and that the on board ram or removable ram is not faulty.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,519 Trailblazer

Just restore your system to one week back, type restore in Search and click on "Create a restore point" and on "System Restore" (red circle picture below) with a date to before the issues started. If System Protection is disabled (not recommended) you won't have any restore points.