My Predator G3 AG3-605-UR23 USB ports on the front have failed.

Danno25
Danno25 Member Posts: 2 New User

The USB ports on the front have failed and after several tries manipulating and replugging in the connections made no difference I would like to get a replacement for the set that fits and hope that works.

Is there a source for these as I have yet to find one compatible.

I do hope that it is just a kinked wire somewhere and not a motherboard issue.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,365 Trailblazer

I assume you are talking about these ports?

Are all of them not functioning, or just the USB ports? It looks like the wire bundle that goes from those ports to the motherboard connect to three places, so it'd be tough to have them all come loose at the same time:

Check to make sure they are all plugged in correctly.

Assuming you have tested all that correctly, I'd use a VOM to test continuity between the ends of the cables before trying to find the parts for replacement. You would hate to find that the issue is on the motherboard rather than in the cables or ports. Here's the part numbers for the assembly:

The two are essentially identical, just sourced from different vendors.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Danno25
    Danno25 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have disassembled the tower and never have the cables been loose, but I disconnected and reconnected them anyway hoping maybe just some chance of corrosion or just bad contact and nothing changed.

The USB 2 is more reliable while the USB3 is not responsive at all.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers numerous times to no avail.

Now I just need to find the replacements and try that.

Thanks!