Light bar control is not working properly on PH16-71

Jooda
Jooda Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited July 9 in Predator Laptops

My PH16-71 Zone control is weird.

the light is working if all or Zone 2 is working.

So I want a specific layout and it can't do it.

I want Zone 1 to be X color.

Zone 2 to be OFF

Zone 3 is to be X color.

So when Zone 2 is off, Zone 3 doesn't work.

When Zone 1 & 2 are On, Zone 3 WORKS just fine, all colors.

Can someone please help me how can I rectify this?

My windows is 11 Home, Most recent update (as of today).

All drivers are updated.

Predator Sense and Windows Updater don't show any driver updates.

Your help is highly appreicate.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• FrEaZeR
    FrEaZeR Member Posts: 173 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

Have you tried removing Predator Sense/Install(completely) restart and reinstall ? also update BIOS if it's not up to date .

• Jooda

Tinkerer

Thank you for your comment.

I'll try to remove and reinstall P.Sense. but how can I update the BIOS?

All windows updates and driver updates are done through the Windows Updater.

Unfortunately, the ACER CARE thingy doesn't detect updates. It's telling me there's no updates while there was tons of updates on the windows updater.

• Jooda

Tinkerer

Thanks again!

I removed Predator sense and all of its affiliated programs (Sense, config, installer) and reinstall it (from the download page) but it didn't fix the issue.

Anywho, I'm in the page dedicated for my laptop model (searched by the Serial number of the device) . And there's this disclaimer!:

"Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution"

Why would it be incorrectly! I typed the serial number, and gave me the exact model, yet, they are not sure!

I don't know which one to update/reinstall.

For Instance, the last line says "Enhance Storage Performance" by WD (Western Digital) while my storage which came with the machine is NVMe micron 3400. So obviously I won't download that one.

What about the remianing BIOS. I have no clue if they would harm the laptop or not!

Which one among these BIOS should I download? and why such a disclaimer is there?

• FrEaZeR

Install the latest version (it includes all other older versions) . The warning will always be there when it comes to BIOS (almost all if not all models/brands/etc has the warning) , just make sure you have the laptop plugged in and don't turn off/restart when it's updating and it should be fine .

"For Instance, the last line says "Enhance Storage Performance" by WD
    (Western Digital) while my storage which came with the machine is NVMe
    micron 3400. So obviously I won't download that one."

Yes but not all PH16-71 have the same SSD (some also like to upgrade or just change brand) , also i think that is more like a "tittle" of the update but includes other fixes .

• Jooda

Tinkerer

So you say I download each and evrey BIOS there in the list above? or is there a specific one I should download and reinstall?

BTW, Here what I did so far:

1. Reinstall Predator Sense after removing it in the first place. (Didn't work)
    2. Installed the previous Versions (two). (Both didn't work)
    3. Resetting default BIOS in the F2 menu during booting. Later, Windows prompted some updates. It did not fix.
    4. CMD » sfc/scannow. (Windows Resource Protection found curropt filkes and successfulkly repaired them) » Nothing Happen.

• FrEaZeR

Only the latest version 1.16 , download and install . Also turn Dynamic Lighting Off from windows settings .

And you could also download this https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

and install at least the 2015-2022 both x64 x86 .

• Jooda

Tinkerer

Thank you.

I downloaded both C++ and the 1.16 BIOS (Updates LAN PXE UEFI driver).

I installed the C++ abd it didn't work. Still the controller insists to turn off Zone 3 IF Zone 2 is off!

The 1.16 BIOS says didn't flash. I don't know what it means. It shuts down the moment i press OK

This is so frustrating. How come the official page of my laptop gets me errors with Apps and BIOS!

• FrEaZeR

Well i`m kinda out of ideas , BIOS is already up to date (it says current V1.16) . You should try contact Acer about it . Maybe someone with the same model will see this and try the Zone 2/3 (i don't have this model) .

• Jooda

Tinkerer

Well…

Thank you, FrEaZeR…

Me too, I'm out of ideas.

I tried all the no brainer troubleshooting procedures, you too helped me throught it, as well as ACER technical support USA.

The problems is I got this laptop few days ago while I'm abroad (Saudi Arabia). I went back to the dealership and they couldn't fix it. They said they have to send it to the (ANOTHER COUNTRY), Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

I contacted ACER US, they couldn't identify the laptop through the SNID. However, they did by the Serial Number. The customer service supported me through some troubleshooting but no luck. Though, they couldn't open a support ticket since the device's SNID is not registered.

Also, ACER MEAN doesn't seem to have a chat service. I have to call their number internationally and god knows how much an international call will cost, especially it's gonna take a while, While I don't think they can fix it unless it is updated within the program. (ASSUMING that this issue is arising from the Controller's Program in PredatorSense.

My only hope is that someone from ACER get stumble upon this thread/issue and they can excalate the situation and they fix it in their next patch.

• FrEaZeR

Yeah harder and harder to contact someone , i see it more and more frequently in different domains (nothing but AUTO/AI/etc) .

"While I don't think they can fix it unless it is updated within the
    program. (ASSUMING that this issue is arising from the Controller's
    Program in PredatorSense."

You need to find someone with the same laptop model and ask him/her if the light bar does the same thing as yours . If yes then it needs a software fix if not then probably yours needs fixing/replacing . (since you already tried installing/reinstalling/etc) .
    Good luck . :P