Remote Desktop Support. can Chrome remote desktop open a session to a Windows laptop that runs RDP

MichaelBMiner
MichaelBMiner Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited July 8 in Chromebooks

Hello,

I am looking to use when working from home to remote into my work computer.

My laptop at work is connected to 2 external monitors for a triple screen setup.

Costco has a sale on the CB314-2H-K1EN Chromebook. I am having trouble finding answers to my questions.

The first is can the Chrome remote desktop open a session to a Windows laptop that runs RDP and use all three of the remote desktops monitors?

The second is there is one USB C port for a docking station. Is there a docking station that is preferred for the Chromebook that would allow two external monitors to be attached?

This is the dock I plan to buy. Assuming my two questions above are answered.

https://a.co/d/0b1CQEZy

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer

The Play Store has a Windows Remote Desktop Client available. Since the CB314-2H has only one USB-C port and no HDMI you will likely only be able to run one external monitor off it. The docking station you linked to is supported on Windows and MacOS, where you can install drivers to get you the extra displays. Unless there are drivers specific to the ChromeOS only the one port is likely to work.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.