My new monitor (Nitro XF243Y) suddenly my screen started flickering

Imrickee
Imrickee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 9 in Monitors

Three months ago I was just casually playing on my new monitor ( Nitro XF243Y ) and suddenly my screen started flickering like crazy. The monitor was 1 month old and It was very good taken, just used on my PS5.

I know it looks like I punched the screen but as I said, I was very careful with it.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,303 Pathfinder

It seems the flickering issue you are experiencing with your Acer Nitro XF243Y monitor is a common problem that some users have reported with this model.

The main causes appear to be:

1. Try disabling G-Sync/FreeSync/VRR and try setting 120hz hz.
    2. PS5 Video Output Settings: On your PS5, navigate to Settings > Screen and Video > Video Output Settings. Check the resolution and refresh rate settings. Make sure they are set to values supported by your Nitro XF243Y monitor
    3. Loose or damaged cable connections between the monitor and the device. Ensure the HDMI cable you're using between the PS5 and the monitor is securely plugged in at both ends. Try using a different HDMI cable to rule out any issues with the cable itself.
    4. Trying a different HDMI cable, preferably one that supports HDMI 2.0 or higher
    5. Disabling 1440p resolution and setting the PS5 to output at 1080p
    6. Test on Another Monitor or TV: If possible, connect your PS5 to another monitor or TV using the same HDMI cable. This can help determine if the issue is specific to the Nitro XF243Y monitor or if it's related to the PS5 itself.
    7. Electrical Interference: Ensure there are no electrical devices nearby that could be causing interference with the HDMI signal. Sometimes, other electronic devices can interfere with video signals and cause flickering.
    8. Hardware issues with the monitor itself, such as a faulty screen or internal component. In this case, the monitor may need to be repaired or replaced.

Since the monitor is only 1 month old, I would recommend first trying to disable any adaptive sync features, and ensure the cable connection is secure. If the flickering persists, you may need to contact Acer support or visit nerest acer service centre for a potential replacement or repair under warranty.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,255 Trailblazer

Since you are still in warranty, contact Acer support and open a ticket. That type of display problem can sometimes be traced to a cable problem, but yours is bad enough its likely an issue with the monitor itself.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.