I have a Predator PO3-620 and I'd like to upgrade the RAM

mimsd
mimsd Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 6 in Predator Desktops

Hello everyone.

I have a Predator PO3-620, the CPU is the i5-10400F and I'd like to upgrade the RAM.

I'm choosing between the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 or the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600MHz CL18.

Could anyone tell me if these are compatible with this computer? If so, which one should I go for?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Seriously
    Seriously Member Posts: 4 New User

What are you upgrading from?

• mimsd
    mimsd Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a DDR4-2666 (1333 MHz). From what I can tell its this one ACR26D4U9S8ME-8X 8GB 288pin DIMM DDR4, from Kingston

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,621 Trailblazer
    edited July 6

Below I've included all that you need to know about what is required and compatible ram that is required to upgrade the PO3-620 desktops memory and how to populate the ram modules of this desktop, Acer also recommend the DDR4-3200Mhz modules so don't be surprised that they do as these modules are suitable and will work perfectly with this desktop. Good luck and hope all this helps you out.

Memory Modules recommended by Acer for this desktop

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer

Check first in the BIOS to see if Acer enabled support for XMP memory with the PO3-620 models. From what I remember they only did that with the PO3-630 and later models, but my memory might be faulty. If they haven't enabled support for XMP then any of the Corsair Vengeance types will end up working as slower memory than what you have now. Better to get modules like Steven recommend. They will run at 2666MT/s. If Acer did enable XMP support with the latest BIOS for your system, then the Corsair will likely work, at 3200MT/s (1600MHz). Remember to use XMP memory you have to remove all non-XMP first, then enable the XMP in the BIOS…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.