Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57-700J / AN515-57-74TT laptop .Acer Nitro 5 Screen Flickering?

Options
RoboticDolly
RoboticDolly Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 5 in Nitro Gaming

Hello,

My husband has an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57-700J / AN515-57-74TT laptop. He’s had it for 3 Years. Never really used it that much, until a week ago, when he started to consistently play a game. As of today, the couple of inches of the screen have a flickering issue. All Drivers are updated. All software is updated. Flickering happens with and without an HDMI cable plugged in. The ribbon is fine. Knocking the frame rate from 144 down to 60 didn’t change anything.

Any ideas what the issue might be? And a way to fix it, if possible?

• Stephanie

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,525 Trailblazer
    edited July 5 Answer ✓
    Options

This phenomenon could be a hardware issue especially with a laptop that hasn't been used for a long time with its eDP cable and plugs that connect to the screen or mainboard, which you need to check or get a technician to check. Another thing that can cause the flickering in the Nitro laptops is that it comes from the Intel graphics driver, make sure that the AN515-57 is running the oem Acer Intel graphics driver version 30.0.101.1273 or whatever newer windows update version the Intel graphics has been updated to.

Never update the Intel graphics driver to the latest basic Intel graphics driver as these are not an AN515-57 specific working driver and these drivers seems to cause these flickering issues of the screen (that I've experienced with my Nitro laptop) as the Intel graphics drivers from their site are not a specific driver for your laptop. This is what I've experienced with my Nitro AN515-56 which is a very similar spec laptop to the AN515-57 laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited July 5 Answer ✓
    Options

This phenomenon could be a hardware issue especially with a laptop that hasn't been used for a long time with its eDP cable and plugs that connect to the screen or mainboard, which you need to check or get a technician to check. Another thing that can cause the flickering in the Nitro laptops is that it comes from the Intel graphics driver, make sure that the AN515-57 is running the oem Acer Intel graphics driver version 30.0.101.1273 or whatever newer windows update version the Intel graphics has been updated to.

Never update the Intel graphics driver to the latest basic Intel graphics driver as these are not an AN515-57 specific working driver and these drivers seems to cause these flickering issues of the screen (that I've experienced with my Nitro laptop) as the Intel graphics drivers from their site are not a specific driver for your laptop. This is what I've experienced with my Nitro AN515-56 which is a very similar spec laptop to the AN515-57 laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• RoboticDolly
    RoboticDolly Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

He just finished installing that specific driver, as you mentioned, and reset the laptop. The issue looks like it’s been fixed! No flickering! You are AMAZING! Thank You so much!

• StevenGen
    Options

Glad to help you out, that is what we are here for, to help each other out👍cheers and thank you for letting me know!