PO3-620 Acer Predator orion 3000 Fans not spinning

Options
BanSoda
BanSoda Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited July 5 in Predator Desktops

Hey so I just dusted my pc, and when I started it back the fans weren't spinning. Those fans being the front and back case fans and The cpu fan. The Gpu fan is spinning. The rgb still Lights up at usual. The pc still boots into windows, with predator sense saying 0 rpm. Help!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,447 Trailblazer
    Options

HI @BanSoda Is the check visual on the fans or are you monitoring it in Predator Sense?
    Have you tried in Predator Sense to change, for example, from car to games and see what happens?
    If they do not start with the previous procedure either, since the equipment is new, I would immediately go to the seller.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp)

• BanSoda
    Options

Yes I've tried adjusting them in predator sense. My computer is about 3, 5 years old

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,447 Trailblazer
    Options

Sorry, I thought it was a new computer.
    So, you have changed the fan options in Predator Sense and it doesn't start?
    If I manually select the speed like this, do they not respond either?

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (alezmvp)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,536 Trailblazer
    Options

When you had it open, is there any chance you either got the fan wires unplugged or you have something else rubbing up against them? Which PO3 model do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like PO3xx-xxx-xxxx. It's very odd to not have both case and CPU fans not working, because they plug into different connectors on the motherboard with most, if not all, PO3 models.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BanSoda
    Options
  • BanSoda
    Options

Don't belive that any of the connection would be wrong. I have unplugged and plugged back in every cable like 3 Times. Its a PO3-620

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,517 Trailblazer
    Options

There is only one CPU fan header for the PO3-620 which is at #4 on the mainboard diagram below, if this heeder doesn't work then the mainboard trace is broken and it doesn't work, so chase that trace and see if you can see any cracks in the mainboard where this trace could be broken, Otherwise you will have to use #5 plug for the System Fan header and use an splitter to have both cpu and system fans operate off this plug. Good luck.

Predator PO3-620 mainboard diagram:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• BanSoda
    Options

Hey I ended up just taking my tower fan and pointed it at my pc. The temps are now the same as before only a bit louder. I don't dare to game though. But I can actually use my pc again :)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,536 Trailblazer
    Options

Your case fan should be plugged into #5 and the CPU fan into #4. If they are swapped I suppose weird things might happen. Also double check to make sure the ATX power connector (#2) is plugged in, they may be using that power for the fans instead of the power on #7. There isn't much that can affect both fan types at once…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.