Nothings is updating, Corrupt Files?? HELP!!! things not picking up like usb and headphones

Options
ImArtemis
ImArtemis Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited July 4 in Acer Software

My Device Not updating any files, things not picking up like usb and headphones and webcam. Tried Sfc /scannow in Command Prompt as a admin. it came back with corrupt files. nothings working, tried doing BIOs update but usb cant be found to download it. its there but not, only seen in device manger. really need help. Bluetooth doesnt work. PC needs so many windows update but nothings working i retry and it goes back to retry in a matter of seconds. ive tried rebooting the whole PC for a factory reset and it denies me when it gets to 53%. Im in a loop here does anyone know whats going on?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,536 Trailblazer
    Options

Never try a BIOS update when the system is flaky, you run way too high of a risk of bricking the system! What computer do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. What OS are you running? What size and type of drive is installed? Does the drive show up correctly in the BIOS information page? It sounds like you might have a failing drive, that doesn't allow writes or corrupts them.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.