Lost charger that came in nitro 5 & every replacement that I order isn't letting me use laptop.

Options
OliDay123
OliDay123 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2 in Nitro Gaming

I lost the charger that came in the box with my pc and every replacement that I order (200 wats 9.21 amps) isn't letting me use the 3070 ti in my laptop and my performance is chugging. what am i missing to use my multimedia GPU. Do i need a specific laptop charger or do i need something else. laptop I'm using is acer nitro 5.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,902 Trailblazer
    edited July 2
    Options

There are 230-Watt power adapters for the Nitro 5 models:
    https://www.amazon.com/Notebook-AN515-46-AN515-58-AN517-42-PT316-51s/dp/B0BDZSJHBH
    Check also if your battery is 100% charged all the time and IF the capacity is STILL above 50% of the design caoacity with the powercfg /batteryreport command:

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,482 Trailblazer
    edited July 2
    Options

What is your exact laptop model number, as choosing a random adapter by its wats and amps is not the way to appropriately match a suitable power adapter for your laptop. Give us the exact laptop model number and then we can give you the exact Acer part power adapter model number for your laptop, don't just buy any adapter that is not specifically made for your laptop as that is why your laptop does not work and/or powers the RTX3070Ti gpu.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍