I have a Chromebook Plus 514 CB514-3HT-R8RB with a SSD of 128GB. I want to upgrade it but I don't

Options
tatealex
tatealex Member Posts: 4 New User

know what is the maximum GB size what this motherboard can take. I checked the details in Acer's Life Extension Guide the Disassembly self repair procedures and the SSD is not glued to motherboard, so it can be replaced. Thanks for help, Alex Tate

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,884 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello! Some versions of this model may have come with an eMMC unit and others with an SSD. I advise you to check if the slot for installing the SSD is available:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,473 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, we can't tell for sure if you have a SSD or eMMC installed without opening it up. They shipped both types in different models that used the 128GB size. If yours came with a 256GB then it would have certainly been an NVMe SSD, not an eMMC.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.