Acer Predator Helios 16 - No bootable device found

Options
BladeCraft
BladeCraft Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello Acer,

This morning I went to turn on my laptop and am getting a black screen with an error message saying No Bootable Device. I have restarted numerous times. Sometimes I get a BSOD stating UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME. It then restarts itself and ends up at the black screen again. I went in to the BIOS to see if there is a boot drive and none is showing up and there is no drive available to enable/select. This laptop is about 6 months old. What are my options?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,119 Pathfinder
    Options

@BladeCraft

I understand you say "I went in to the BIOS to see if there is a boot drive and none is showing up and there is no drive available to enable/select."

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.. Let us do the basic steps first..

Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help. Kindly follow the steps given below:

Kindly go through the details from the link given below

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/75-acer-internal-battery-reset

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It will go to bios. Press f9 once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear. Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.

It might also be the issue with battery, charger or power outlet. Try to use the charger in a different room on a different power outlet. Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet. Try to use an alternative charger if possible. Try to turn on the computer without the charger and check it ( as long as the battery is not drained out )

You have to press F2 button repeatedly as soon as you press the power button to access BIOS on laptop.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    Options

@BladeCraft

If you hdd is still not detecting in bios…

Sometimes reseating the hdd , memory will automatically fix the problem. There might be a small loose connection. The most important thing is you hdd should get detected in Bios. If it is showing up in Bios it will automatically load windows or atleast we can reinstall or repair windows.

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• BladeCraft
    Options

I watched the battery reset video. The Acer Helios 16 doesn't appear to have this option.

• BladeCraft
    Options

Resetting the bios to defaults has brought the hard drive back in to the bios. It is now listed as a storage device and under boot - boot priority order - it now shows windows boot manager where it was previously blank. However when I restart the laptop I am getting the same black screen showing No Bootable Device. alternating with the BSOD stating UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME.

• William_mk2
    Options

@BladeCraft

I understand you say " Resetting the bios to defaults has brought the hard drive back in to the bios"

I am glad hdd is now getting detected in bios. Now try keep my files, remove everything to reinstall windows.

Try alt + gr + f10 or alt + f10 while turning on the computer. You might get chose an option, continue or troubleshoot .

You can go to troubleshoot , advanced options, try system restore to an earlier date on which it was working fine. You can even try Troubleshoot, reset this pc - keep my files to repair your computer first and then try remove everything to reinstall windows if keep my files is not working.

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★