ZOOM stops Audio Output on Swift Go 16 SFG16-72T-95LG Laptop

Options
AyD
AyD Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 28 in Swift and Spin Series

I just got the Swift Go 16 SFG16-72T-95LG Laptop, which works perfectly well except for when I go on ZOOM. I get no sound from my laptop once I am on ZOOM. I tried playing sound from the internet and VLC media and got nothing. I get sound once I leave ZOOM.
The Audio test in Windows Audio Setting was fine.
I used the "Test Speaker & Microphone" function in ZOOM and it says my audio device is not working properly.
I uninstalled ZOOM and installed again using the download on ZOOM.
Please kindly help…I believe this is perhaps a driver or settings issue!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,442 Trailblazer
    Options

Zoom has it's own settings for audio output, though it can be set to match the system settings. What output is selected, and at what volume?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AyD
    Options

Thanks. Please find below my settings:

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 345
    Options

Go to the speakers and microphone -> advanced settings through the control panel and disable all the defaults settings given below and check. Hope this helps.

Exclusive mode
    Hardware acceleration
    Audio enhancements

Click on 'Like' or 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• AyD
    Options

Thanks. I disabled the default settings as instructed:

I immediately got sound from my speakers after unchecking the boxes (see above) and I hit the 'apply' button. However, ZOOM came up with the 'failed speaker detection' message (see above). My sound went off again when I clicked on 'Check my audio devices'.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,442 Trailblazer
    Options

In Zoom, on the screen you show, what options are there in the drop down menu that is currently showing 'Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)'? In the RealTek Audio Console, what are the settings?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.