aspire 5 Charger keeps connecting and disconnecting. Even when it is fully plugged in

Options
Animy
Animy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 28 in Aspire Laptops

Hello acer,

My aspire 5 was working just fine but suddenly the charger started misbehaving. Even when it is fully plugged in, charging automatically disconnects then again connects itself. I checked my battery report, i guess it is in pretty good condition. Designed capacity is 53k and charging capacity is 41k. What is the issue? Also I tried charging my laptop while powerd off, still the orange charging light is blinking. I drained my battery to 0% too. It did charged up to 25% with less issue(disconnecting problem) but right after the same issue came back again.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• rhj09
    rhj09 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi there!

Here are a few quick steps to try:

1. Check the Charger: Inspect for any damage and try using a different compatible charger if you have one.
    2. Clean the Charging Port: Make sure it's free of dust and debris by using compressed air.
    3. Update Drivers: Ensure your BIOS and battery drivers are up-to-date from the Acer support website.
    4. Power Reset: Turn off your laptop, unplug the charger, hold the power button for 15-20 seconds, then plug the charger back in and turn it on.

If these steps don't help, it might be best to contact Acer support for further assistance. Good luck!

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 345
    Options

This problem actually occurs when there is a problem with your power options, kindly follow the steps below and I hope this helps:-

Before doing all steps first try to uninstall the battery driver:

Press Windows key + X> Click Device manager> Click the drop-down for Batteries> right click uninstall all drivers under that then restart the PC.

If that will not work proceed to the steps below.

Method 1. Restore default power options
    -Press Windows key + R then type:
    powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    -Restart PC and check.

Method 2. Run power Troubleshooter

• Press Windows key + R then type:
      msdt.exe /id PowerDiagnostic
    • Click OK then follow the prompt to run the power troubleshooter
      -Restart the device after

Method 3.
    Open Control Panel> Click Hardware and Sound > Click Power Options> then click Choose what the power buttons do > Click Change settings that are currently unavailable> Check Sleep (or uncheck then check it again)
    Click Save Changes then restart.

Method 4. Do clean boot:
    A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type msconfig and select System Configuration from the results.
    • On the Services tab of System Configuration, select Hide all Microsoft services, and then select Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select Open Task Manager.
    • Under Startup in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then select Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select OK. When you restart the computer, it's in a clean boot environment.

Click on 'Like' or 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Animy
    Animy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Well I tried every option, not working. What I noticed was that the orange blink and icon on my screen does not sync. The light goes off, then only the screen icon shows charger disconnected and vice versa. The gap is not too long but noticeable.