Acer Predator XB3-27 display issue on horizontal lines at higher refresh rates

Options
Magoo93
Magoo93 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited June 28 in Predator Monitors
Hello.I have Acer Predator XB3-27" Display WQHD 2560x1440 IPS 165Hz 16:9 1ms 400Nit,bought 2 years and 4 months ago.Payed 600 euros.First problem was vertical lines on screen after 2 months of using,got a new one in replacement after reporting a problem.Now a have problem with horizontal lines when i turn on 120hz,144hz or 165hz.On 60hz there is no lines,on 100hz sometimes it has sometimes works normal.Because the waranty is overdue,i need help with repair,can you help me find a new panel or some other solution?Thanks in advance

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,460 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, give us your actual model number, it is likely on the same sticker as your SN and should looks something like XB273xx xxxxxxxx. We can look up the display part numbers as well as the number for the main board.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 345
    Options

Try windows x
    go to device manager
    expand display adapter
    right click on display driver - uninstall
    Restart the computer

It should work fine.

If it is still not working
    Uninstall the display adapter from device manager
    Dont restart the computer.
    Go to support.acer.com
    chose your country
    type snid or chose your model
    go to drivers
    Install the display driver

After installing the display driver check the refresh rate and Check the display colors.

• Magoo93
    Options

Thanks,i will try,but i dont think its a software problem,its power problem or panel

• billsey
    Options

Most often the issue is either the cable no longer meeting spec or the cable picking up noise from a power source. Try a new cable and rerouting to stay away from power cords, and maybe try to monitor plugged into a different power outlet than the desktop.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Magoo93
    Options

I tried everything,new cables,new power supply for monitor,new drivers,DP cable,HDMI cable,different ports…definitely the panel is the problem,but i cant find it nowhere to replace…now doesnt work on 60hz or 100hz anymore.Thanks for answering

• Magoo93
    Options

Thanks,tried everything,definitely the problem is the panel….

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, give us your actual model number, it is likely on the same sticker as your SN and should looks something like XB273xx xxxxxxxx. We can look up the display part numbers as well as the number for the main board.

• Magoo93
    Options
  • billsey
    Options

The XB273U without extra numbers and letters is from 2018, is that what yours is?

Or is yours one of the later models. There should have been a bunch more digits… I think there is also an M3 model this year that's not in that list…

• Magoo93
    Options
  • billsey
    Options

So, the UGS model then. The rest of the letters (bmiiprzx) define things like which ports are installed, whether it has speakers or not and which language the OSD menu uses. Unfortunately, even though that model is a couple of years old, Acer hasn't given us access to the service guide for it yet. I'm escalating to the moderators to try and get it…