Acer iconia one 10 firmware. b3-a30. My tablet is frp locked. i'm just looking for a backup rom file

theyikes
theyikes Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited June 27 in Tablets

Hi guys. I have a quick question in relation to an Acer Iconia one 10 b3-a30. My tablet is frp locked. I'm not looking to unlock it i'm just looking for a backup rom file . I've googled the living daylights out of this issue.

I'd appreciate any help.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer

That is an Android tablet from 2016… Acer does have the OS image on their support site still, but they typically start removing files for older machines like that after a few years. Just go to Acer's support site, enter the B3-A30 model number, then select OS from the Drivers and Manuals section. It loos like the OS image is for version RV06RC01.WW.GEN1.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • theyikes

Hi Billsey, i managed to obtain the OS but when i tried downgrading it it tells me "Installation Aborted" I'm guessing this is due to the fact my tablet is FRP Locked. Is there any way of circumventing this or am i to put it simply "Screwed!"!!

• theyikes

Ok I'm making a little headway. I've managed to boot the tablet to fastboot mode but when i connect it to the pc windows device manager tells me there are no drivers installed for the device, it just sayas Android!. I tried a few different drivers but no joy. I tried connecting with android slim SDK but when i issue the fastboot devices command i get a blank.

FYI. I'm trying to unlock the bootloader to see if i can dowgrade to android 6 marshmallow.

• theyikes

Ok I've bricked it….. sort of. I can still boot to fastboot mode and issue the "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
    command.

I downloaded the following rom OS_Acer_RV06RC01.WW.GEN1_A60M_A.zip but for some reason it's not working.

also when i plug it in initially it resisters as an MediaTek Inc. MT65xx Preloader
    but that soon changes to Acer, Inc. Android

I should probably mention I'm running ubuntu 24.04

Is there any way of fixing this?

I know I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. But I've always been stubborn minded :)

• theyikes

On a side note, i tried SP Flashtool with the scatter file included in the rom file but it won't work. Is there an a working flash tool supported my acer that i can use?

• theyikes

tried flashing with an older rom but i get the following error

"partition table not match"

• theyikes

i have also tried older versions of SP Flash tool, i've gone back as far as version 2.0 but i still keep getting scatter file errors.