The laptop Nitro 5 AN515-57 automatically shuts down even though there is still battery left

Dylanphamgk
Dylanphamgk Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 26 in Nitro Gaming

Hello everyone, I have a small problem with my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57, it is 2 years old and I just replaced the battery with a new one. While using the laptop, I did not plug in the charger and the battery was still at 90% when the computer suddenly turned off and would not turn back on until I plugged in the charger. After plugging in the charger and restarting, I saw that my battery was only 7%. I waited for a while then suddenly the battery went up to 100%. Can anyone tell me the cause and how to fix it? Thanks very much!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,013 Trailblazer
    edited June 26

You need to register the capacity of a new battery (see the flyer with instructions that should have been included by the battery vendor). Failing to do that will result in issues you are having as BIOS and MS ACPI protocol are using your old data. This is called performing a "Full Charge Cycle" nothing to do with "Calibration" (which is a misnomer and a myth) or other battery charge options in bloatware. Disable permanently Hibernate and Fast Startup in Windows "Change what closing the lid does" and reset the Power Plan to factory default in "Edit Power plan", shutdown the proper way with Start-Power-Shutdown on the taskbar. Close the lid and plug in the adapter for charging till the battery LED turns from amber till blue color and wait an extra 10 minutes. Open the lid and boot to Windows, verify that the battery meter on the taskbar read 100% and unplug the power adapter. Work all day with the battery till the system turns itself off automatically, do not manually shutdown or go to sleep mode! You won't lose any data. Close the lid and plug in the adapter. Charge the battery without opening the lid till the amber battery LED turns blue again and wait an extra 10 minutes, open the lid and boot to Windows. That's it.

• Dylanphamgk
    Dylanphamgk Member Posts: 3 New User

I followed the steps you instructed, but when I fully charged it and unplugged it to use, it only lasted 2 minutes and the laptop automatically shut down.