Swift SF314-55 model No:N18P1 Can it upgrade to Wifi-6?

Wilson_tan7
Wilson_tan7 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 26 in Swift and Spin Series

My Swift SF314-55 series, model No: N18P1, i would like to upgrade to wifi-6.

Recommended from seller to buy and replace my wifi card, from Intel(R) Wireless - AC 9560 160MHz card, to Intel@Model AX210NGW.

However, after replacing and installed, the laptop doesn't recognize the new wifi card.

I had tried update or install several drivers, but the results remain negative.

I need some advice or help to fix the issue.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,115 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@Wilson_tan7

Try to exchange for the AX200 card.

I upgraded from an AC 9560 to an AX200, and it works fine now.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,011 Trailblazer
    edited June 25
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer
    edited June 26

The AX201BGW is NOT compatible with your Swift SF314-55 as your laptop only has capabilities for the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 card is a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED*Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) and does NOT have the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201NGW Wi-Fi CERTIFIED*Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) that is why its not compatible.

Just some personal advise as I also tried to upgrade to a Wi-Fi 6E card from an AXZ201NGW 6 card, as I'm using the same AX201NGW card in my Nitro 5 AN515-56 laptop that has the AX201NGW Killer AX1650i card and I tried to update this oem card to the AX211NGW 6E Wi-Fi card which is a full-on Bands: 2.4, 5, 6 GHz (160MHz) card and it didn't work also with any Intel diver that is for this card and it was all a waste of time and effort, so be careful, as the antenna black and white wires and their plugs on these tiny Wi-Fi cards can't be taken off and reclipped very often as they get damaged and then you can't clip them back into the Wi-Fi card and you will have to change these antenna wires which is a huge job, so be careful. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,541 Trailblazer

The 9560 has no real upgrade path, it uses a protocol that was specific to itself, and the newer cards use a different protocol. Steven is right on the money here. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,115 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@Wilson_tan7

Try to exchange for the AX200 card.

I upgraded from an AC 9560 to an AX200, and it works fine now.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!