ASA630 Active stylus pen is not working on Acer Switch S512-52

esinella
esinella Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 24 in Switch Series

Hello,

I am having issues with my Active Stylus ASA630. The HID-compliant pen driver in my Acer Switch S512-52 is updated (according to automatically search).

The stylus pen works for a while then stops. At first I changed its battery with a new one, and it started working. Then it stopped again. If I restart the laptop, it works for some minutes or sometimes longer, and then stops working again. When it is not working anymore, I change the new battery with the old battery, which has still lot of voltage, and it starts working again. Now my fastest method to make it work is either changing between the two batteries, or if this doesn't work I restart the computer. But it is not possible to work with the pen.

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,520 Trailblazer

I'm guessing you mean a SW512-52 model since I know of no S512-52 version. My guess is there's something mucking with the digitizer drivers, causing a disconnect with the pen. A reset of the pen would reconnect it, until the glitch dropped it off again. It's possible though that the pen itself is causing the glitch. Try opening Device Manager and uninstalling the pen drivers, then reboot to force a reinstall.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.