Broken download links for drivers & BIOS for Aspire One 756-877B2kk

ico2k2
ico2k2 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I have recently received an Aspire One 756-877B2kk from a relative whom doesn't need it anymore.

On its support page there are some drivers updates and a BIOS update from 2014, but all of the download links lead to an error page.

If I try to register the device in my products, the S/N is not recognized and brings an error, the SNID is mistakenly recognized, as an EX215-52 laptop is added to my account instead.

What can I do know? The BIOS update is needed to bring UEFI support.

Aspire One 756-877B2kk

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

That is somewhat normal on old enough machines. They remove the SN and SNID from their database a few years after the last one goes out of warranty and years after that they remove the downloads from the support site. As you can see when they are removing the support site files they often don't get the links updated at the same time. It looks like those models started shipping in 2012, with Windows 7 installed and on some the option to upgrade to Windows 8. If your specific model doesn't have UEFI support then the BIOS update won't help. The non-UEFI versions have a different CMOS chip without enough room for a UEFI BIOS.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

That is somewhat normal on old enough machines. They remove the SN and SNID from their database a few years after the last one goes out of warranty and years after that they remove the downloads from the support site. As you can see when they are removing the support site files they often don't get the links updated at the same time. It looks like those models started shipping in 2012, with Windows 7 installed and on some the option to upgrade to Windows 8. If your specific model doesn't have UEFI support then the BIOS update won't help. The non-UEFI versions have a different CMOS chip without enough room for a UEFI BIOS.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.