Nitrosense not working. No longer launches when I press the Nitrosense button

gurkirat2312
gurkirat2312 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 23 in Acer Software

I'm having to reinstall Nitrosense due to it no longer launching when I pressed the Nitrosense button on the keyboard. I've already installed the program via Revo and was browsing several of the threads looking for a solution after installing Nitrosense a second time and it not launching. I've also tried uninstalling and using lodctr/R in the CMD prompt multiple times only to be hit by error 5, the CMD stating, "unable to rebuild performance counter setting from system backup store, error code is 5."

Unfortunately, Nitrosense also sees heavy use on my computer as I play Destiny 2 and Risk of Rain 2 for long periods of time and Nitrosense is the only way I can get my fanspeed to be where it needs to be to keep the laptop cool(ish)

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,292 Trailblazer

Hi @gurkirat2312 please indicate the exact model of your computer and the version of Windows installed.

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)